Changing World(s) - Call for projects 2018
Deadline: June 15, 2018
The Research and Prospective Pole of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH), supports the creation of projects dedicated to innovative themes in the humanities and social sciences (SHS).
This call for projects is a new feature of one of the main missions of the FMSH, which is to provide scientific and material support to research projects that are in the early stages of their development and can use the support of the FMSH to develop further their scientific content, methodology, and research networks.
From this perspective, the Research and Prospective pole also offers laureates technical support so that, at the end of the period, they can set up larger projects, particularly with the ANR or major European research programs.
Theme: Changing World(s)
"Intellectual and artistic history between Europe and overseas"
This call for projects concerns a field of study that is still under-explored and which connects the history of France and, more broadly, of modern Europe with that of the regions of the world that it made submit to its businesses, conquest and colonization. This concerns Africa in particular, but not exclusively.
Beyond the fairly well established political and economic history, this call is looking for proposals that address an intellectual, scientific and artistic history, that is aimed at showing how knowledge, disciplines (both the natural and social sciences), literary and aesthetic expressions or circles, often supported by emblematic institutions, have been forged and circulated between Europe and the ultra-marine worlds.
- Only one project will be selected.
- An agreement will be established between the FMSH and the project coordinator’s institution
- Previous laureates cannot re-apply.
- Deadline: Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of June 15, 2018
A specific scientific committee will analyse and proceed to a selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The collaborative dimension, with small team of 3 to 6 person (among which the project coordinator is a statutory member of a research or higher education French or based in France institution; the others members can be doctoral student, post-doctoral or researcher without affiliation), recently formed around one of the two themes in question and likely to constitute larger research network.
- The originality of the problematic and the approach with a special attention to interdisciplinary and international projects.
Financial and practical details
- The project is finance for two consecutive years by a total of €20 000 (€10 000 each year).
- The support concern the different expenses link to the project activities (travel, accommodation, restoration, events logistic expenses…), except wages and personnel costs.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form:
- Reach the http://projets.msh-paris.fr platform, and enter Project workspace;
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling Project manager contact information and then enter Create a project;
- Select: Soutien aux projets scientifiques – appel 2018 ;
- Fill all the information tabs on your project;
- Then precise the team coordinator and the team members;
- At the bottom of the project page, download as a digital pdf or zip file called Appel à projets 2018 – thématique, your application form that must includes
- A detail description of the project (10 pages max) including the problematic, the methodology and the project objectives.
- A detail and up-to-date Curriculum vitae of the coordinator and team members
- A bibliography linked to the project
- An estimated budget and a precise calendar
8. You can save your application and complete it later or submit it definitely.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact email@example.com .
Incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
- A progress report will be asked at the end of the first year. The teams also commit to provide a final report likely to be published as a Working Paper, an article or a book.
- Regarding communication:
- The FMSH logo must be on all communication documents
- The financial support of the FMSH must be stipulated in every oral or written communication (programmes, posters, documents for the participants, articles).
Submission of the file and calendar
Applicants are required to upload their file on the platform before the application deadline of June 15, 2018
The results will be published at the end of june 2018.
For any information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 00331 40 48 65 39.