Supporting the organisation of scientific events
Support for people organising events based on innovative social science & humanities
FMSH provides support to the organisation of events based on innovative social science & humanities themes that intersect with other sciences, by covering the travel expenses of international speakers.
- To encourage participation by foreign researchers in scientific events organised in France;
- To fund international symposia, study days and workshops on innovative social science & humanities subjects;
Only French research and teaching institutions can apply.
This programme does not fund annual conferences and summer schools.
The projects will be assessed by a selection panel, which will give priority to events which:
- promote interdisciplinary scientific work;
- are held in France but are of international scope;
- encourage participation by young researchers.
- The support provided by the Foundation is for travel and/or accommodation expenses for foreign researchers speaking at the scientific event who do not live in France. Please note that the maximum daily rate FMSH can grant for accommodation costs is 150 euros.
- The event budget must specify what financial support has been applied for and obtained in addition to that of FMSH.
- The Foundation’s support cannot cover more than 30% of the total budget for the event.
All applications must include the following documents, which should be sent as a single pdf file:
- An application form
- A description and detailed programme of the event (even if provisional)
- The guest foreign researchers’ CVs
- The event budget and funding plan.
For any informations about this programme, you can send an email at email@example.com or call the 00 33 (1) 40 48 65 39.