D-Transform project was launched on October1, 2014 and was completed at the end of September, 2017
The goal of D-TRANSFORM is to implement a training program for leaders of European universities (presidents, vice-presidents) focusing on the major role played by digital technologies and Open Educational Resources (OER) in the necessary transformation of their institutions. The premise is that e-education (digital pedagogy and training) can become a strategic tool for European universities, enabling them to be pedagogically more effective, more cost-effective, more attractive and able to meet the needs of the professional world with regard to youth training and life-long learning.
- implement guidelines focused on case studies; on public policies and business model for online learning; recommendations for university strategy based on the use of e-education (2015);
- organize two leadership schools for senior leaders from European universities. Using a compact format, leadership schools will be organized in Paris and in Barcelona (2016);
- produce an online training kit (2017) a complement to leadership schools, to be used as an organizational model for implementing university leader programs. The online training kit, as well as the guidelines, will be freely available online;
- organize three international dissemination events in Barcelona (2015) with the European Distance and e-learning network; in Budapest (2016) with the International University Association; in Paris (2017) with the International Council for Open and Distance Education (partner to be confirmed).
The D-TRANSFORM is the first attempt to set up a “University Leader Program” at the European level on the role of e-Education in shaping university strategies. Like the OLC consortium or the UPCEA, D-TRANSFORM will focus on the necessity of visionary leadership and on its impact on university senior management, on policy and programs to effectively shape and support successful implementation of online, blended, and technology-enhanced initiatives.
According to the D-TRANSFORM agenda, each partner will leverage its specific competencies in order to lead the implementation of three “Intellectual Outputs”:
- the University of Lorraine (with the contribution of Sero Consulting Ltd) leads Output1, whose goal is to draw up guidelines with recommendations for university strategies based on the use of e-education;
- the Open University of Catalunya leads Output 2, whose aim is to implement two leadership schools for university governance;
- the Politecnico di Milano-METID coordinates Output 3, whose goal is to implement an online training kit.
- the Foundation Maison des sciences de l’homme is the coordinator of the D-TRANSFORM project;
- the Budapest University of Technology and Economy leads the Internal Quality Task;
- the European Distance and E-Learning Network – EDEN leads the Dissemination task.
Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme | Université de Lorraine | Sero Consulting Ltd | Fundacio per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya | Politecnico di Milano – METID | European Distance and E-Learning Network | Budapest University of Technology and Economics