In the field of bilateral relations, a special scheme has been set up for scientific cooperation between France and Norway through the Center for franco-norwegian Cooperation in the Social and Human Sciences, hosted by FMSH since 1998.
The Centre is funded by the six existing Norwegian universities (the Faculties of Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, Theology and Law at the University of Oslo; the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Bergen; the Faculties of Humanities and Science & Technology at NTNY in Trondheim; the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Tromsø; the Faculty of Humanities at the Universities of Stavanger and Agder).
- To support and promote, strengthen and develop cooperation between French and Norwegian researchers and research teams;
- To develop exchanges and joint initiatives between French and Norwegian researchers, and notably to assist in the creation of joint research projects, along with the planning and practical organisation of colloquia, seminars, study days, conferences and research training;
- To open up bilateral cooperation programmes to researchers or institutions from other countries in Europe or the rest of the world;
- Thanks to an agreement between FMSH and NFR, to support residencies in France for Norwegian researchers, as well as residencies in Norway for French researchers.
- Scientific hosting for post-doc and senior researchers at universities and research institutions in France and Norway;
- Support for colloquia, seminars, study days, conferences and research training.