Started in September 2002, the first phase of the TEMATICE Program was completed in September 2005. Guided by a goal to experiment with new means of knowledge circulation in relationship with the scientific structuring of a given research area (in this case, the effects of ICT on education and training), it seeks to promote the enrichment of archives opened in the field of human and social sciences on the national level. This research/development work, carried out under the CNRS, was consolidated in spring 2005 with the opening of the HAL-SHS portal.
While also undertaking initiatives to enhance a scientific corpus on the educational uses of technology (initially undertaken by the INRP’s techneme laboratory) that has been being constituted since the end of the second world war, TEMATICE stresses the need to launch new work orientations for the 2006-2010 period. Focusing on the epistemology and analysis of the different theoretical and methodological frameworks at work in the field, two key goals have been set for this period:
1. create a research map that takes into account the diversity of the disciplines concerned and the heterogeneity of contexts, areas, and practices
2. create a comparative approach to pressing research questions in the various countries.
In order for the program to reach its goals, TEMATICE implements four types of action:
- Organization of a seminar (4 or 5 sessions yearly), which provides a forum allowing researchers from other countries to voice their research findings and opinions. It also provides an opportunity to address a broad scope of topics linked to different theoretical approaches and the diverse ways educational technologies are being implemented in various national contexts. The seminar promotes a comparative approach.
- Maintaining and editing the TEMATICE site, which is intended to partake in and present scientific activity in this domain in France and abroad.
- Systematic improvement of archives in this domain. In the framework of the partnership with the Cerimes (Canal-U Program) and MSH Paris Nord, the goal is to enhance work on texts by work on audiovisual documents (Canal Edutice).
- Digitization of documents that are particularly important (EDEL) in partnership with the INRP.
- Georges-Louis Baron, Université Paris 5
- Thierry Chanier, Université de Franche-Comté
- Alain Chaptal, MSH Paris Nord
- Françoise Thibault, FMSH
- Jacques Wallet, Université de Rouen
Director of Scientific Communication:
- Nathalie Roques
- Institut national de recherche pédagogique (INRP, Lyon)
- Centre de ressources et d'information sur les multimédias pour l'enseignement supérieur (Cerimes, Vanves)
- Maison des sciences de l'homme de Paris Nord
- Centre pour la communication scientifique directe (CCSD/CNRS, Lyon)
- Laboratoire éducation et apprentissage (EDA, université Paris 5)
- Laboratoire d'informatique de l'université de Franche-Comté (LIFC, Besançon)
- Association enseignement public et informatique (EPI)