Hosting and steps in the research stay
1 FMSH ensures that fellows can work in an environment that is conducive to making their research projects a success.
2 Incoming fellows are affiliated with two institutions:
2.1 A host laboratory (in Paris or another city in France), chosen by the fellow according to his/her project. The host laboratory (at a university or attached to the CNRS or an MSH institution belonging to the national MSH network) provides the fellow with the facilities needed to work, while integrating him/her into its teams and assisting him/her with the project.
2.2 At the same time, the fellow benefits from guest research status at FMSH. This status gives the fellow access to all FMSH’s facilities (library, Wi-Fi) and enables him/her to take part in FMSH’s scientific activities. Furthermore, FMSH helps its guest researchers to gain access to other scientific facilities in Paris or elsewhere in France (i.e. research centres, libraries, archives, museums, etc.).
3 FMSH pays the deductibles for private medical/accident insurance for incoming fellows.
Legal status of fellowship recipients
Selected applicants are classified as “FMSH postdoctoral fellows”. This is not an employment contract, but a fellowship that is non-taxable. The amount of the fellowship is €2,000 (euros) per month.
Obligations of fellowship recipients
This fellowship is awarded subject to the following conditions:
- The recipient must be present at the host laboratory throughout the length of the fellowship.
- The fellow must inform FMSH if, for any reason (i.e. illness, inability to enter or return to the host country, professional reasons, etc.), his/her stay is interrupted.
- The fellow must submit a research report at the end of his/her stay.
- The fellow must submit a Working Paper (WP) at the end of the stay (following FMSH’s procedure for the publication of Working Papers and Position Papers).
- The fellow must mention the support received from FMSH and the European Union – Action Marie Curie COFUND in any and all publications that result from research carried out as part of this programme.
- The fellows commit to respect the European charter for researchers (http://ec.europa.eu/eracareers/pdf/am509774CEE_EN_E4.pdf)