Call for applications is closed. Next call: September 2013
The Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme offers postdoctoral fellowships to researchers in the social and human sciences for periods of nine months as part of its “Fernand Braudel-IFER” (International Fellowships for Experienced Researchers) programme. This programme is supported by the European Union (Action Marie Curie – COFUND – 7th PCRD).
This programme is also supported by the FMSH, the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (Direction des relations européennes et internationales et de la coopération), the Fritz Thyssen Foundation (Köln, Germany), Princeton University (USA), The Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), the Ecole Centrale Paris, the Institut de recherche stratégique de l’Ecole militaire - ministère de la Défense (IRSEM), the Bruno Kessler foundation (Trento, Italy), the Labex Dynamite, Hastec, IEC, IPOPS, Med, OBVIL, OT-med, Resmed, Tepsis and TransferS. The programme is also carried out in collaboration with the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD).
The Fernand Braudel-IFER programme breaks down into two sections
1. The Fernand Braudel-IFER incoming programme is designed for residencies in France (for researchers who belong to a foreign research centre).
This programme targets applicants from all countries wishing to undertake a research stay in France.
From March 2013 onwards, candidates must apply to specific fellowships, offered by several Research institutions and “Laboratories of excellence” (Labex), partners of the programme.
2. The Fernand Braudel-IFER outgoing programme is designed for research stays in another European country (for researchers who belong to a French research centre).
This programme targets researchers residing in France who would like to benefit from a research stay in another European country (EU Member State or associate to the FP7 programme).
Since 2010, the Clemens Heller fellowships (Outgoing to Germany) have been integrated, while keeping their own identity, in the new programme “Fernand Braudel-IFER”.
The Clemens Heller fellowships are not designed to fit in a specific research frame. Applicants design their own research project and choose themselves their host laboratory in Germany.
Other fellowships are offered by institutions and research centers combinations (Labex).
Call for applications :
The Fernand Braudel-IFER programme offers postdoctoral fellowships to researchers in the social and human sciences (SHS) who wish to have an international research experience.
- The Fernand Braudel-IFER incoming programme is intended for researchers from all countries wishing to undertake a research stay in France.
- The Fernand Braudel-IFER outgoing programme is intended for researchers residing in France, who wish to benefit from a research stay in another European country (EU member states or associates to the FP7 programme). Candidates who wish to make a research stay in Germany should apply to the Fernand Braudel-IFER outgoing/Clemens Heller subprogramme.
These research stays are designed to enable researchers to:
- Carry out a research project in a host laboratory
- Integrate scientific networks in France and other European countries
- Build lasting partnerships between their home institution and the host institution
Applicable scientific disciplines
All social and human sciences are eligible. An interdisciplinary approach to research topics is encouraged.
Duration of the fellowship
Fellowship holders must start their research stay maximum 6 months after the obtention of the grant.
Amount of the fellowship
The amount of the monthly stipend for room & board and living expenses is €2,000 (euros).
The cost of medical insurance is covered for the researchers hosted in France.
Travel expenses (return travel fare) between the researcher’s country of residence and France or between France and the host country will be covered, subject to prior approval.
Two calls for applications per year (deadlines for applications are 31 March and 30 September).
Applications should be submitted exclusively online, through the online application form available on top of this page.