This stipend programme has been designed to offer one- to two-month residencies in India for high-level French researchers in the social and human sciences, in one of the following research institutions:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Advanced Study, New Delhi
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
This programme targets French researchers.
Housing and a monthly stipend for room and board are provided by the host institution. Travel expenses between France and India are covered by FMSH.
Additional aid can be granted, in some cases, to cover the cost of documentation or participation in scientific events in India.
This stipend programme is designed to allow guest researchers to:
- Carry out an individual research project in a host laboratory in India;
- Become part of Indian scientific networks;
- Establish long-term collaborations between their home institutions and host laboratories.
Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent).
They must belong to a research institution attached to a French university or academy of sciences, or to a French research body.
Applicants must be fluent in English.
Applicable scientific fields
All SHS disciplines are eligible.
However, priority will be given to research projects involving one of the following themes:
- Knowledge society: culture and heritage
- Regulation in contemporary societies
- Economics, the environment and sustainable development
- Information and communication technologies (ICT)
The application, in English, must include the following items:
- Curriculum vitae
- Bibliography of the applicant’s publications
- Detailed research programme
Please submit applications on-line by contacting Ms France Bhattacharya, Scientific Director of the India and South East Asia programme.
Deadline for applications: 31 December each year.