Starting in September, 2007, the CRD installed a WiFi (Wireless Fidelity) network in certain areas of the building at 54 Blvd Raspail to accommodate mobile researchers. The network currently covers:
• Conference rooms 007 and 015
• Conference rooms 214 and 215
• The Computer Department on the 3th floor
• The lobby, cafeteria, and smoking room (ground floor)
This means that the primary passageways are covered, as well as the garden.
How it Works
In order to restrict access to only authorized users, the CRD opted for a secured portal that only allows users with a username and password (issued by the CRD) to connect to the network.
The Foundation’s staff has permanent access. Visitors must request a username/password from the CRD at least two hours before they intend to use the wireless network.
In order to make using the wireless network as easy as possible for the Foundation, a guide to wireless network connections was developed and is available here:
- Aide à la connexion pour Windows XP (PDF : 499K)
- Aide à la connexion pour Mac OS X (PDF : 404K
- Connection Help for Windows XP (PDF : 496K)