Methods and solutions for collaborative work
As an integral part of its operations, FMSH-DEVAR invents and explores solutions for collaborative work and promotes the results of its programs and initiatives through publications and innovative multi-format communications technologies.
In all that it does, FMSH-DEVAR:
- promotes respecting norms and standards which favor interoperability and the dissemination of scientific projects
- examines questions relating to intellectual property
- uses freeware and shareware and participates in their development
- ensures the diffusion of the results of its work through seminars, workshops, conferences, exhibitions and printed or electronic publications.
Information resources management (methods and tools), collaborative efforts or publications, virtual laboratories…all these make up the FMSH-DEVAR’s toolbox. At the service of research in the Social and Human Sciences, these tools were developed out of collaborative projects with public laboratories (French and foreign) from various disciplines as well as partners in the private sector, notably the TECOG program with EDF R&D.
FMSH-DEVAR is committed to capitalizing on and diffusing the results of these programs in order to define and elaborate a digital collaborative environment for research.
These efforts are fundamental to the Social and Human Sciences, as they constitute both a subject of study and a means by which to conduct such studies.
FMSH-DEVAR’s Technological Platform
FMSH-DEVAR’s technological platform mutualizes technical solutions developed by the FMSH’s Computer Resources Service the results of the European STRABON program, as well as the tools developed in partnership with EDF R&D. The platform is made up of a network of hardware and software resources which facilitate communication, collaboration, exchange, and dissemination of scientific work.
These resources include:
- multiple servers for producing and sharing digital resources
- a videoconferencing system
- workspaces for collaborative projects
- a shared video server
- a help network of practical guidelines
Accessible from the FMSH website, the FMSH-DEVAR platform provides a portal which brings together the various ongoing programs. The mutualization of tools and methods avoids redundancy and allows teams of researchers to stay focused on their research topics while benefitting from a technological infrastructure and services adapted to the specific needs of their programs