:: The ARA Portal
ARA’s official portal gives you access to diverse audiovisual heritage devoted to research in the human and social sciences. Its 5,000 hours of online video are available to the public free of charge. Each day, the site receives around 900 visitors from over 55 different countries.
This exceptional online collection is composed of 300 interviews, 160 colloquiums and seminars, and 50 special reports and documentaries.
It was built thanks to the collaboration from 1,300 researchers from the main institutions of higher learning and research in France (EHESS, Sciences Po, Collège de France, EPHE, ENS, INALCO, CNRS, IRD, French universities, etc.) and abroad. Many of the researchers were invited through one of the FMSH’s mobility programs (Germany, Austria, Italy, Finland, Great Britain, Poland, Hungary, Russia, United States, Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, China, Japan, India, Israel, Morocco, Algeria, etc.).
ARA covers all the main scientific disciplines
• paleontology and prehistory,
• anthropology, ethnology, sociology,
• political science and economics,
• law, history,
• philology and language sciences,
• information sciences and communication,
• literary critique and history,
• art history, musicology,
• urban studies and architecture,
• philosophy and epistemology,
• science of religions,
• mathematics, etc.
Organization and contact:
• Director of ESCoM and the ARA Program: Peter Stockinger, Professor at the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales
• Communications coordinator: Muriel Chemouny, researcher at the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme
• Webmaster of the ARA site: Elisabeth de Pablo, researcher at the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme
• Computer specialist for ESCOM and ARA: Francis Lemaitre, engineer at the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme